Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 100

Thread: Region D division playoffs

  1. #21
    Inactive Member redrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2006
    Posts
    357
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs


    Yes, Haysi can beat JJK, not saying that in the least bit. I think JJK can beat Haysi as well - think it should be a close hard-fought game between the two of them. Like I said in another post, it's really hard to say at the current how good of a team Haysi happens to have (based on their opponents up to this point).
    Leave the DRAMA to the MAMA'S


  2. #22
    Inactive Member redrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2006
    Posts
    357
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's fun to speculate, but in no way accurate, but I'll take a leap and guess-timate (in no particular order) J.I. Burton, St. Paul, Castlewood & the winner of the Appy/Clintwood season ending matchup. </div></div>

    That's why I said speculate, no way accurate, guess-timating, just my prediction - nothing more, nothing less. There's a lot that could happen to swing the gate one way or the other for several teams in the playoff hunt in Division 1 (as well at Div. 2).
    Leave the DRAMA to the MAMA'S


  3. #23
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Castlewood will help themselves greatly if they can beat Holston in 2 weeks. </div></div>

    Holston is the ONLY team left on Castlewood schedule that CAN beat them (I think still wins that one though)

    As far as playoffs go:

    Haysi - Is in the drivers seat in that they ONLY have to beat Honaker to get in however if they lose that game they must beat Lee and Wise and see how everything plays out

    Appy - Needs to win 2 of there last 3 vs Wise, PV, and Clintwood

    Clintwood - Needs to win 3 of there last 4 vs Wise, Norton, Pound, Appy

    Castlewood - Needs to win All there remaining games and hope that 2 of the above teams do not do what they need to do

  4. #24
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    Thats a pretty tough task for each of those. Looking at it that way, I do think Castlewood has a good shot of getting in. Haysi, Appy and Clintwood have a lot on their plate coming up.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #25
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats a pretty tough task for each of those. Looking at it that way, I do think Castlewood has a good shot of getting in. Haysi, Appy and Clintwood have a lot on their plate coming up. </div></div>

    You know Wise is the corner stone in all this in that thay play Haysi, Clintwood and Appy to finish up the year.

    If Clintwood beats Wise (not looking past Pound but it is a game that they SHOULD win) that leaves Clintwood needing to beat Norton or Appy to get in

    If Haysi Beats Wise then they still need to beat Lee

    If Appy beats Wise then beating PV or Clintwood gets them in (between Appy and Clintwood someone is going to win LOL)

    If Castlewood losses to Holston then you can add one more loss to what will get in Haysi, Clintwood and Appy


    Buy Tuesday We will know ALOT more due to Clintwood vs Kelly, and Haysi vs Honaker

  6. #26
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    No doubt.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #27
    Inactive Member imported_historian's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2006
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    guys what about st paul and burton if they take care of business there is only two slots open

  8. #28
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    Exactly, and 3 teams are fighting for those 3 spots like we have mentioned.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #29
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Exactly, and 3 teams are fighting for those 3 spots like we have mentioned. </div></div>

    Really 4 teams fighting for 2 spots IF StPaul wins the CD (as they should)


    Not looked as hard at Div2 but it is going to get tight as well

  10. #30
    Inactive Member imported_Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2006
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    what day of the week does the power points come out?
    [img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •